Oily skin: care and treatment
The main reason for the high fat content of the skin is excessive activity of the sebaceous glands. Their excessive production of sebum leads to a greasy film on the face, clogging of the lumen of the sebaceous glands congestion , rash and worsening of complexion.
Why the sebaceous glands begin to produce too much sebum? This activation set. Here are the main ones.
- Excess testosterone. This is the most common cause of oily skin the most typical of adolescence, when the body starts powerful hormonal changes. In most cases, already by the age of 25 the testosterone level is normal and the problem is eliminated independently. Hormonal imbalance can be observed in different phases of the menstrual cycle or during pregnancy.
- Genetic predisposition. This reason is due to the peculiarities of hormonal and nervous system function, and cannot be corrected. In such cases, the owners of oily skin is necessary to master the features of the daily care of this type of skin.
- Poor nutrition (fast food, fatty, sweet and salty foods, excess preservatives, etc.). This is why oily skin is due to a dysfunction of many systems and organs, and get rid of it is possible only by correcting your diet.
- Frequent stress or depression. This cause oily skin due to disruption in the functioning of the nervous system. To get rid of it for change of attitude to problems, a positive attitude or treatment of nervous system disorders.
- A disturbance in the functioning of internal organs: thyroid, intestines, stomach, pancreas, etc. Many of the internal organs diseases lead to metabolic disorders or hormonal disbalance, the sebaceous glands begin to work in emergency mode. For getting rid of this causes you need to undergo treatment for the underlying disease.
- Frequent use of cleaning agents based on alcohol. Under the influence of alcohol-containing tonics and lotions the epidermis is actively dewatered, and in response, the sebaceous glands begin to produce greater amount of sebum. For getting rid of this reason is enough to choose the right tools for the skin care.
- Often carrying out peels. Cleaning your face by using a mechanical or chemical peels always produce visible and tangible results, and "in pursuit of perfection", many are beginning to abuse these procedures. Constant microtrauma and inflammation of the epidermis that accompany the process of polishing the skin, leading to excessive production of sebum. To get rid of this cause, only by changing the relationship to the necessity of peeling and perform them in a more "gentle".
In some cases, excessive oiliness of the skin can cause not one but several reasons.
Signs of oily skin
To determine the oily skin type one of the following:
- after an hour or two after cleansing, the skin appears oily film;
- Shine (often in the region of the nose, forehead or chin);
- the frequent appearance areas of inflammation or lesions;
- enlarged pores (especially in T-zone);
- periodic peeling of the skin;
- black and white comedones;
- the presence of hyperpigmentation of lesions;
- the appearance of scars and acne;
- smearing makeup.
How to treat oily skin?
Oily skin needs special care, and of its accuracy and regularity will depend largely on its appearance. Beauty treatments must be complemented by the observance of such recommendations:
- diet: eliminate from the diet of spicy, sweet, fatty, spicy and too salty dishes, alcoholic drinks, coffee, and chocolate;,
- prevention of stress: excessive stimulation of the nervous system leads to more active sebaceous glands, if necessary to take sedatives;
- frequent replacement pillowcases: this item of bed linen better to change daily, because it accumulates bacteria can cause skin inflammation and acne;
- no touching hands to face during the day: when touching skin with dirty hands increases the likelihood of acne and pimples;
- respect for the skin: do not squeeze the pimples and blackheads on their own, such procedures should only be performed by a specialist, because, if improperly performed, they can lead to infection and more serious complications (including sepsis);
- the removal of makeup before going to bed: a layer of decorative cosmetics interferes with the normal functioning of the skin, clogs the pores and leads to acne and sites of inflammation.
Clean your face with oily skin should be 2-3 times a day. For this procedure it is advisable to use lukewarm water and special cleansers: gels or foams for this type of skin. Use to cleanse anibacterial soap is not recommended because it can dry out the upper layers of the epidermis, activates the sebaceous glands and can provoke the appearance of inflammatory reactions.
With oily skin should completely refrain from washing with hot or too warm water, because its high temperature will lead to enhanced activity of the sebaceous glands. Always use only warm water is also not recommended because it causes enlargement of the pores. To avoid such consequences will help rinse the face with cool water after washing your face with cleanser.
Cleanser gel or foam you can use a special brush or sponge for the face, which provides a more deep cleansing of pores from sebum. Cleanser-apply to damp skin and brush or sponge are a neat massaging movements for 2-3 minutes. After that, wash face with water and wiped with a towel.
Toning and antiseptic
After cleansing the face, you must use a tonic or lotion for oily skin that contains zinc oxide and salicylic acid. For daily care, you should choose the means which do not include alcohol. Alcohol products should be used only when the presence of the skin inflammatory cells . To handle these problem areas you can use tea tree oil which has strong antiseptic.
Oily facial skin is recommended 1-2 times a week to peel that provides exfoliation of dead skin cells and prevents clogging of pores. For this procedure, you can use ready-made cosmetics for oily skin or that was prepared at home.
Applying creams and gels
Oily skin, like any other, needs extra moisture and nutrition. That is why we should not abandon the use of creams. To choose their needs based on the needs of this skin type should not contain large amounts of fat. For oily skin use only light non-greasy cream or a special hydrogel. Their should be composed of fatty acids, antiseptic and astringent extracts (birch, tea tree, witch hazel, eucalyptus, cedar, pine, etc.). Creams can be applied 1-2 times a day (morning and evening).
When choosing cosmetics for this type of skin should pay attention to the means to be labeled: "sunt non-comedogenic". Comedogenic, i.e. closing the pores, for oily skin can be of various dyes, thickeners and humectants. In some cases, the tendency to clogging of the lumen of the sebaceous glands can be customized, and to choose the means to care will have a method of selection.
People with oily skin are recommended 2-3 times a month to do a steam bath. This procedure should be used decoctions of herbs (chamomile, sage, calendula, yarrow), or fees from them. Steam baths are best done before bedtime, and only after thorough skin cleansing. Such treatments improve circulation, cleanse the pores and remove black and white dots (comedones).
For more complete care for oily skin is recommended 2-3 times a week to make masks. Such procedures eliminate and prevent inflammation of the skin, dried it, deep clean pores, making them more narrow and improve the complexion. For masks you can use ready-made cosmetics or medicinal compositions prepared at home.
Any mask is applied only to thoroughly cleansed skin and removed according to the instructions. When such procedures should be adhered to and the duration of the applications.
Oily skin needs protection from harmful UV rays. Sunscreen for this skin type should not contain comedogenic components, and fragrances. You should give preference to those that have been created for sensitive skin. Such creams are softer and do not clog pores.
For daily use you must select funds with an SPF of 15-30. When you visit the beach, pool or Park with SPF more than 30. The application of these tools replaces the use of moisturizing creams or hydrogels. If necessary, a sunscreen applied to the skin repeatedly (e.g., after contact with the water or at certain intervals of time).
Many anti-aging creams are too heavy for oily skin, because they contain comedogenic substances. For this type of skin is better to use anti-aging gels or serums that have a lighter texture. The composition of these anti-aging must enter antiradical and sunscreens.
To solve many of the problems associated with oily skin, well help means that you can prepare at home. For their manufacture use herbs, food, essential and natural oils. When using such homemade cosmetics be sure to make sure there are no allergic reactions to the components.